Will County gets grant to buy flood-prone homes
September 27, 2012 7:42PM
Updated: October 29, 2012 6:06AM
CHICAGO — The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency released $2,307,074 in Hazard Mitigation Grant Program funds to Will County for the acquisition of 19 flood-prone homes that have been repetitively damaged from flooding.
Through the program, FEMA will pay 75 percent of the $3,076,098 eligible project cost. The remaining 25 percent of the funds, $769,024, will be provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
School trustee petitions
JOLIET — Petitions for Regional Board of School Trustees are available in the Will County clerk’s office.
Two six-year term trustee positions and one unexpired four-year term trustee position are available.
Those wishing to run for trustee must reside within the Will County Educational Service Region and may be from any Will County township except DuPage, Homer, Jackson and Plainfield, as these townships already have representation.
Filing dates are Dec. 17 to 24 in the clerk’s office , 302 N. Chicago St.