Laundry room fires damage homes
January 10, 2013 8:14PM
Updated: February 12, 2013 2:29PM
JOLIET — Two houses were damaged by laundry room fires Tuesday night and early Wednesday on the far West Side.
The first fire was reported about 7 p.m. in the 5000 block of Arborgate Drive. Capt. Dave Hausmann said it appears a light fixture overheated and started a blaze on the second floor, which caused more than $60,000 in damage. The residents escaped without injury.
The second fire started about 2 a.m. at an unoccupied house on Stowe Court. This fire started in a washing machine and caused approximately $10,000 in damage before being extinguished, Hausmann said.