Google names new Motorola Mobility team
BY SANDRA GUY Business Reporter May 22, 2012 8:20PM
Updated: May 22, 2012 8:20PM
Google swiftly installed its own leadership team at Motorola Mobility, naming Dennis Woodside, 43, a sales and advertising executive who has spent the past three years immersed in online advertising, to replace Sanjay Jha, 49, an engineer who came to Motorola from chipset maker Qualcomm.
* Mark Randall will lead supply chain and operations. He played senior roles at Nokia and most recently Amazon, where he built the supply chain that produced the Kindle and Kindle Fire.
* Regina Dugan is starting a new advanced technology and projects group to focus on breakthrough innovation. She joins from her role as director of DARPA, the organization that develops advances for national security.
* Gary Briggs will lead marketing. He led marketing at eBay and most recently ran Google’s consumer marketing.
* Vanessa Wittman will be chief financial officer, after having most recently been CFO at Marsh & McLennan.
* Scott Sullivan will lead “people operations.” He most recently led human resources for Visa, and before that ran global human resources at Nvidia.
Those who’ve left include: John Bucher, chief strategy officer; Marc Rothman, chief financial officer; Juergen Stark, chief operating officer; Alain Mutricy, product management head; Scott Crum, head of human resources, and Bill Ogle, chief marketing officer.