Herald-News Softball Top 10
June 11, 2012 6:52PM
Updated: July 13, 2012 6:13AM
(29-13): Celtics complete their best year ever with a third-place finish in Class 3A. They shut out 4A champion Marist twice during the regular season.
2. Plainfield Central (27-9): Heartbreaking 5-4 loss to Moline in DeKalb Supersectional ends the season. Kaleigh Nagle and Dominique Roa expected back.
3. Lincoln-Way East (26-6): Catcher Sam Stewart had a breakout year as a junior and Jorgi Calombaris should return for a fourth season at short for the Griffins.
4. Minooka (25-7): Sara Novak expected back in the circle as the Indians will bid for a third straight Southwest Prairie Conference title next season.
(29-8): Carley Dundee should be the top pitcher back next season. Starters Brittany Bickelman, Ashley London and Kelly Pattison also expected back.
6. Plainfield East (22-12): With 11 juniors and three freshman on this year’s team, 2013 should feature an experienced roster for the Bengals, who won a regional title.
7. Joliet West (19-19): Hitting was the Tigers’ strength en route to a regional title. The anticipated return of top pitchers Katie McKay and Joy Treasure should shift that focus.
8. Plainfield South (24-10): Jordan Harbacek broke on the scene as a freshman pitcher and the Cougars had five players make the
9. Lemont (25-10): Carly Jaworski should return in the circle for the Indians, who got off to a 14-2 start this season but lost to Providence in regional title game.
10. Dwight (30-8): The Trojans graduate top players Sarah Butterfield, Claire Elsey, Erin Gaston, Tori Grzincic and Kate Pfeifer from sectional championship team.